Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Rough Day

Well, I'm posting again, so soon, because things have been really hard.

My mood has been low for a few days.

My energy level has also been low--this often has a direct effect on my mood. Literally, I can feel completely hopeless, then take some caffeine, and switch to a very positive mood. This leads to a very up and down life, though.

My body hurts today, a lot. My head hurts, not quite a migraine, but very sensitive to light and very achy. I can't even look at the screen as I type. My muscles all over my body hurt today. I don't know what I did to deserve that one. My knees are particularly painful today, as they are hurting all the time, not just when I'm standing. I'm feeling very nauseated with abdominal fullness and pain, as well. I followed the diet pretty strictly today, so I don't really know what I did to deserve that one either.

A very smart commenter on my last blog post mentioned that perhaps my GI symptoms came on as a result of the new migraine medication. I thought this might be it, but then I remembered that these symptoms actually started several weeks before I started the medication. Also, the pain seems to be very reactive to particular foods, with the exception of tonight.

In addition, my POTS has been particularly troublesome today. Lots of dizzy spells, head rushes, feeling easily out of breath, and chills.

I haven't been sleeping well, which doesn't help with these symptoms. I have a lot of trouble getting comfortable at night. Then, when I fall asleep with pillows carefully arranged to support my body, I inevitably move into a painful position with strain on at least one of my joints while I sleep.

I think I'll go to bed early tonight, although that could make me more restless during the night.

As always, my health is very full of ups and downs, and I can recognize that this is just a down time. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with while I'm in it.

It's hard to keep working each day and put on a cheerful smile when I'm feeling so low. I finish one day of work but immediately start dreading the next.

And yes, I'm considering seeing my psychiatrist, but I will try to give it a little longer...or I may call him tomorrow.