Thursday, January 31, 2013

Worn Out Collar



I’ve been wearing my current rigid neck brace (an Aspen Vista collar) day and night, only taking it off to shower, since June.  That puts a lot of wear on the collar.  It is really worn out, and doesn’t offer enough support anymore.  So, my symptoms have been getting worse.  This may also be responsible for my recent stupor after exercise.  So, I ordered a new collar, and I’m really hoping that I will get some extra relief.  I’ve needed to lie down almost constantly.  Hopefully, the new collar will give me more upright time, and improve my endurance for exercise.  It should come in about a week, so I’ll let you know if it helps.

It’s really scary to know just how dependent I’ve become on my collar and my inflatable cervical traction.  But it is also reassuring that the surgery should relieve a lot of my symptoms.  I’m dreading surgery, but I also can’t wait for it.