Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Surgical preparations

Most of my doctor's appointments are over-with by now.
Today, I saw the cardiologist. Cardiac clearance is required. Unfortunately, with my malformed aortic valve (bicuspid instead of tricuspid), thickening of this valve, my heart palpitations, and the tachycardia after my last surgery, the doctor cannot yet give me clearance. He did an EKG which showed the irregular heartbeat, but he is also requiring an ultrasound of the heart to be done. This will happen tomorrow.

Otherwise, things are looking good for surgery. I'm just having a bit of anxiety, which is making me a little moodier than normal (sorry to those that have to be around me).

I also wanted to mention that there is a new book out on chiari which should be quite comprehensive. It is called "Conquer Chiari". You can buy it at:
http://www.createspace.com/3338400