Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Surgical Review Board Says....

No to Invasive Cervical Traction at this time.

I'm not surprised, nor am I disappointed, as I did not expect anything at this time. It's too soon, and I know it.

Oh, the wonders of having very low expectations and very little hope (for now).

Dr B, however, wrote to me directly, telling me that I should schedule a follow-up visit with him, now. I really don't understand why I would need to see him right now. He's the neuro-surgeon. I don't qualify for invasive traction or re-fusion at this time. So, why would he want me to fly to New York to meet with him right now? Maybe he's changing my surgical plan? I'm just not sure why I need this appointment right now. This is the waiting time. Waiting for the bones. Then, when I have a better DEXA scan, wouldn't that be a logical time to have a follow-up visit? When my body is ready for surgery?

I'm going to ask my nurse about the details of the visit, to see if she has any answers. But I suppose, if THE man wants to see me, then I probably want to see him, too. I don't have much else to do right now, to be honest. Really quite bored.