Friday, September 25, 2009

Chiari Walk Tomorrow!!!

I had another mystery virus this week. The fever was terrible, because it made all of my other symptoms unbearable. Thankfully, I seem to be getting better! :)

Just in time for the 2nd annual national Chiari fundraiser: Conquer Chiari's Walk Across America.

This will be my last shameless plug. I promise!

It is too late to register online for the walk. However, they will be accepting registrations at the walk sites, prior to the walk.

In Illinois, that means show up at the walk location in Busse Woods (Grove 5) at 8:30 AM to check-in or register tomorrow morning!


If you can't do that, it would mean so much to me if you could sponsor me. Every little bit counts! http://www.conquerchiari.org/ccwaa09/CarolynRichardson

I am so excited to have a team of 24 this year! It means so much to me. Our team name is Courageous Carolyn.

The definition for Courage is as follows:
the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, or pain, without fear.

I think that is really nice. However, I've changed it a little, to more accurately define how I see it:

Courage is being strong enough to act like it doesn’t hurt, smile through your struggles, pretend you’re not afraid, and keep living as much as you can, despite EVERYTHING!

I used to think that smiling when you’re in pain was being fake. But now I understand that it helps everyone cope with your illness better if you put on a brave face, when you are able. And it does take strength and courage to do so.


Now, I can embrace my team’s name, Courageous Carolyn.


See you all tomorrow at the walk!