Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nonstop

Okay, so I was awake for much of the night due to a severe migraine. I had symptoms last night that were probably precursors to the migraine, including a visual aura, which I don't usually get. But I had gone 5 days without a migraine previously, which is an improvement.

Now, today, my severe GI symptoms are back, despite my strict diet. I called up the GI office, and they've decided to treat me for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), even though I cannot afford to get the hydrogen breath test to diagnose it. The treatment is simply 2 weeks of antibiotics. Assuming I can tolerate the medication, it's a simple thing to try. They're even going to give me a sample of the medication, so I don't have to pay for anything. If this doesn't work, I'll have to have an abdominal x-ray done next to check the state of my intestines.

I'm going to be very impatient for these two weeks of antibiotics to see if they are helping. The pain is so severe sometimes, I don't know how I can avoid the E.R. I am glad to be trying something. I can't go to the office to pick up the meds until tomorrow, so that's when I'll start the medicine.

For now, I have peppermint oil capsules, a heating pad, and abdominal massage as my only treatment for this severe pain.

Like I said, it is always something...