Thursday, May 8, 2008

Schedule (updated)

My gallbladder removal surgery is on Friday, June 9th at 5:00. I'll be at Northwest Community Hospital. The procedure should take about an hour. In preparation for the surgery, I am fasting for 24 hours and taking laxatives so that they will have room to maneuver in my abdomen. They will also inflate my abdominal cavity like a balloon so they have room to work!


Next week, I'll be going to New York for testing and pre-surgical consultation with Dr. Kula (neurologist) and Dr. Bolognese (neurosurgeon). My mom, Gus, and I will be flying to New York on Wednesday, May 14th. All testing and appointments are on Thursday, May 15th. We'll be flying home on Friday, May 16th. It will be a short trip, but should be very productive.

On May 23rd, Gus will be having his ACL repair surgery. I hope to be able to help him through this time.

On May 28th, I will be having two of my wisdom teeth extracted. They are both currently partially impacted, which is not a good condition to be in when you are having invasive surgery. I need to have these removed to prevent infection.

The next few weeks will be spent helping Gus through his physical therapy.

I will return to New York on June 23rd. I will have pre-surgical testing on June 24th and invasive cervical traction on June 25th. My tethered cord surgery is scheduled for Thursday, June 26th!!!

I was hoping to have everything done sooner, but I'll just have to be patient. It will be hard to wait all of June for the surgery. I don't know what I'll do all month!!!