Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Out of Breath...

This is so exhausting. For about 3 weeks now, my heart has been pounding extra hard and fast throughout the day. In addition, I've been really out of breath. I just can't catch my breath. It gets worse whenever I have to sit up, stand, move around, or strain. It makes sense that the original names of POTS were "Irritable Heart Syndrome" and "The Effort Syndrome". Because my heart is over-reacting to everything I do, and I get out of breath with even a little bit of effort.

These are common POTS symptoms. I just haven't had them this severe before. We called Dr. Grubb's office today about this worsening of symptoms. Who knows when we'll hear back, or what they'll have to say. I know there are more intensive treatments, but I don't know if I'm really a candidate for them.