Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Married Life

I've been married for 3 months and living in Wisconsin with my husband. This means I don't live near family right now. So I spend a lot of time alone, while my husband is at work...and I mean, a lot of time.

I've been seeking work, but it's quite difficult getting a new piano studio going in a new area where you don't know everyone.

My health is still up and down, but reaching a better point, I believe. It's hard to write that at a time when I don't feel good at all, but overall, I know it's true.

I sleep about 10 hours now, down from 12, which has changed things quite a bit. Getting off of Topamax was difficult (insomnia, migraines...), but it was really decreasing my energy, so I'm glad to be off of it.

A Day in The Life
I tend to wake up around 10:00. I eat breakfast and rest until noon. On a good day, I try to get dressed and ready for the day from 12:00-1:00. I eat lunch at 1:00. Then, by 2:00, I'm ready to start the day. This only happens on good days, but it's a big improvement over the 6:00pm ready time I used to have.

This means that I really could work a few days a week pretty successfully. I just have only 1 student right now.

It's a bit of a difficult adjustment, getting used to being a "housewife." I spend the days doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. I don't really mind. But it is lonely. I am proud when I have really productive days. But so many days are not too productive, and that's when I tend to get down. Finding piano students is mostly a waiting game. I put my information out there, but then just wait for someone to call.

So, I'm off to make today a more productive day. Gotta start somewhere. Why not laundry and a shower? Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off today.