Monday, November 3, 2008

Well, it was mostly a good weekend. Who’d have thought?

On Friday, Gus and I went to a Halloween party with some of his friends from school. It was fun, but I ended up standing for too long, which led to a long low blood pressure spell. I was mostly unconscious for 20 minutes. It took 2 salt pills and tons of water, plus a lot of time resting to really wake up. What a way to make a first impression!

Oh well. Saturday and Sunday were better days. They were actually pretty fun. I rested, finished a book I was reading, and got all the cooking for the week done. Plus, I made a cake, which I brought to my friend’s house.

Of course, Monday had to come. Back to the usual feeling of dread from knowing I have to go to work and be a productive person. Again, it’s not that I dislike my job. Actually, I couldn’t think of a better job for me and for this time of my life. But still, it's hard to face a day of work, when my body makes it so hard to make a through.

I have to try to force my body to go get dressed now. Try to ignore the pressure headache, which makes my whole brain hurt; the jaw pain, which makes it hard to eat; and the joint pain, which makes it hard to walk.

I have to remember to try the strong pain meds more often. I know they made this weekend much more productive and enjoyable. I'm always scared to take them too often. But what better time than now to make life a little more livable? I guess I'll try it again today.

Oh yeah, my digestion has been slowing down quite a bit. So, I've had to add my soluble fiber supplement back into my diet--which is frustrating, because I thought taking the gallbladder out and fixing my tethered spinal cord would solve this problem. I guess I still have the POTS and the medications contributing.

Off to try to live another day. Maybe. I could try the painkiller now, but then it would wear off during work. So the question is: do I need more help getting started with my day, or making it through work?

Side note: thank you for all of your concern about Buttons! She's doing much better now. She went to the groomers this weekend, and she'll be coming back home with me today.

Seriously, I'm going to get off the couch now and get dressed if it kills me.