Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Been a while

Gus has nagged me for not writing in my blog lately. I know it's been a while. I've been distracted by my word game that I'm addicted to.

I've seen Dr. Don, the chiropractor, a few times. Financially, he's been extremely generous. He'll be getting very little pay for my course of treatment. He's recommended 24 treatments in 12 weeks. He did some x-rays. They showed that my scoliosis in my thoracic spine, which has always been considered mild, has progressed to "significant". It looks really bad on the x-ray, although I don't know the degree of the curve. I just know that it looks horrible. It curves to the right, quite a bit, and I seem to lean to the left, perhaps to compensate, in each picture. Shoot. Let's hope that it doesn't continue to progress. Although, with Ehlers-Danlos, most things are progressive, since the ligaments wear out more and more over time.

The chiropractor is doing two kinds of treatment: electro-stimulation of acupuncture points in the ear. It hurts a bit when he does it. He also uses acupressure on neuro-reflex points on my head. Nothing jarring. Nothing cracking. Nothing forceful. And it seems to decrease my head pain, at least a little bit. I really like Dr. Don, so I'm going to go through with the whole treatment.

Another example of the EDS worsening is my knees. They've become very painful. I need to seek treatment for this soon. Otherwise I won't be walking too much longer.

I haven't sent my package to Dr. Menezes yet, but it really is together and ready to go now, so I'll get it out tomorrow. I'm also sending out a request for the surgical report that was missing in the package that was sent to me.

My mom was out of town for the 4th of July weekend. I wasn't well much of the time at all. I participated in celebrations on the 3rd of July. That night, my body crashed. I couldn't get out of bed for the next few days.

One week ago, I passed out while driving to work. I just barely was able to pull over onto a small shoulder to wait to be rescued. Today, I'm feeling really tired and out of it, so I'm a bit worried that it will happen again tonight. I'm doing what I can to prevent it. Lots of Provigil. We'll see if it helps.

I'm so very tired and my knees are killing me.

That's all for now.