Monday, May 18, 2009

Still so tired

So, I made it through the weekend, I guess. The recital yesterday went well, even though I was mostly brain-dead the whole time. The fatigue and brain fog has not left me. On Saturday, Gus and I went to a barbecue to celebrate the end of the school year. After 2 hours of sitting down outside, we went inside, and as soon as there was a couch, my body shut down. I didn't fall asleep exactly. I was still aware of my surroundings. But I was mostly paralyzed and very out of it. I would call these low-blood pressure spells, as I have in the past, but they are a bit different, because salt and water don't seem to help. Instead, I seem to need to just stay "asleep" for some time. Most likely, this is a symptom of low oxygen in the brain. I may benefit from oxygen at times like this, but I don't think I'll ever find out, since my O2 stats measured on the finger don't seem to drop too low. Unfortunately, I know that for people like me, the brain can be deprived of oxygen, even if an O2 stat monitor doesn't recognize it. I would like to try oxygen, to see if it would help. On the other hand, nothing beats lying horizontally and allowing the body to rest at times. It's just that this brain fog and extreme fatigue have been with me for at least a week.

Today is another work day. Hopefully, the Provigil will help me again with some artificial energy. Thank you to medical science for finding ways to keep this sick body going.