Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yay for Prednisone

I never thought I'd say it, but the steroid seems to be helping, at least a little bit. And I haven't had any of the weird mood side effects I used to get. I'm still glad it's only a three-day course.

The Zithromax normally works quickly, and it was having no effect, so it probably isn't a bacteria, but a virus...not an influenza virus, but a mystery virus.

I still have a fever today, and my cough got significantly worse again last night and this morning. I've also had complete nasal congestion, with no air going through my nostrils. Luckily, Afrin nasal spray helps clear that up and get rid of the sinus headache. But you can only use it for three days, so hopefully I'll only have one more day of sinus headaches.

My body just doesn't react well to being sick. But I feel like I am just slightly getting better, like I'm on the upswing. Hopefully, I'm right. I'm still stuck in bed today, but the body aches are much less. That's the best part. I've slept a little less today, but still needed rest. My cough is still horrible. It sounds like it's deeper now, but at least it's more productive. I've gone through so much water today, so my body must be trying to flush my system. It helps that my throat isn't so sore today.

Thanks for checking in. I hope to be ready to go back to work on Monday. So much for a week off.