Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Support Group/Updates

There is a flu that has been going around my family. First my younger brother, then my boyfriend, now me. So, I've got a sore throat, annoying cough, and some extra body aches. The cough is the worst, because it increases my headache a lot.

Also, I've decided to have another support group meeting in June. The exciting news? I've found a few new forms of publicity for the group. One is a website called Meetup, which I paid to join for one month only, in order to contact the six people listed that are interested in Chiari Support. Next, I contacted Conquer Chiari so that our group can be added to their new Local Support Page. Last, I was contacted by the CEO of ASAP (American Syringomyelia and Chiari Alliance Project)! Really! He asked if he could list the group, and if there was anything he could do to help. He even said he would like to see me the next time he's in the Chicago area.

So, that's all good news. Hopefully, our little group will grow.

Next, I am planning on going to the American Syringomyelia and Chiari Alliance Project National Conference in July this year, which will be held in Madison, WI. I haven't bought tickets yet, but the plan is in the works.

Last, I finally ordered a walker. I ordered an Invacare Rollite Rolling Walker. It should be delivered sometime this week. I think that will help with my ability to move around, especially since it has a built-in seat to rest on. I think it should be really helpful. It will give me an alternative to my wheelchair.