Monday, March 23, 2009

A Good Weekend

It was so nice to have a normal weekend with Gus. It was just so great to be back to my baseline. I had headaches and nausea and fatigue, but I was able to function. I didn't lay in bed all day. For a 3-day weekend, I sat up, got work done on my computer (transcribing songs), and went out to eat twice. It was great not to have excessive shortness of breath or severe nausea. I just had baseline amounts of pain and fatigue. It may not sound like much, but it was amazing.

The only thing that happened is that I had a fever Saturday and Sunday, which is unusual for me. I also had some moderate aching in my upper central region of my abdomen...the same area I felt pain associated with my gallstones. But since I don't have a gallbladder anymore, I tried to ignore it. It didn't worsen or become severe...but it stayed pretty uncomfortable and constant. I'll have to wait and see what happens with the fever and abdomen. If anyone knows why one would have biliary pain once the gallbladder is removed, I'd be interested.

Otherwise, I'm just grateful for a break from the severe symptoms.