Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Headaches and more

Last night, I developed an intense headache. It lasted all night, no matter which position I lied in. The headache focused over my right eye, through the right side of my face. It has continued through the day today. Tonight, it has settled into more of a classic instability headache (the sunken halo) with nausea that has limited my food intake (only a couple graham crackers with peanut butter). I did go to work, and that was almost impossible, but made everything worse, including joint pain. My knees hurt a lot, and there are two areas in my spine causing me pain. One is right above my lumbar incision, where there is swelling, and what feels like some bone protruding. I'm not sure who to talk to about this. Also, the joints below my cervical fusion are sore, which is to be expected due to the extra strain on this region.

In addition, for four days in a row, I've had a low-grade fever most of the time. If you know me, you know I never have a fever...I usually am quite a bit colder than the average human being.

So basically, I am completely miserable. I'd love a break from this. I just want all of this to end. I'm so very tired. How much longer must I endure? It's just so exhausting.