Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day Weekend...ugh

The week before Labor Day was great. My energy was up, so I took advantage of it. In other words: I lived life. I didn't overdo it. Nonetheless, during the weekend, I paid dearly for my living. I was sick straight through til Wednesday, missing work on Tuesday.

My narcolepsy symptoms were the worst they've ever been...falling asleep mid-sentence while on multiple stimulants to keep me awake. It really does make driving a challenge. (Clearly, I do not drive unless my medications are working quite well. So don't worry about that part!)

I also had every other typical cranial settling symptom: arrhythmias, pounding heart, shortness of breath, migraines, fatigue, nausea, achiness, overall sick feeling, etc. This made getting out of bed impossible most of the time. Luckily, I was able to rest much of this time, and I'm getting back to my baseline levels today.

As a side note, my massage therapist is moving to Texas (Understandably, she can't stand the Chicago winters). So, I only have one massage left with her...then I have to see who they find to replace her. Ugh. A good massage therapist is so hard to find...especially with all of these rods and crazy tight muscle knots.