Monday, March 17, 2008

Bring It On

I'm feeling proud of myself, because I've been working out hard with an amazing trainer. I barely ever miss it. No matter what else is going on, I work out once a week. By doing this for five months, I've been able to decrease my body fat by 5% and build a lot of muscle. Even though I lay in bed most of the day, I've still been able to improve the shape I'm in significantly. I can do some aerobic workout and a decent amount of weightlifting.

This makes me feel very optimistic about my body's ability to heal from surgery this time around. Last time I had surgery, I weighed about 90 lbs and was essentially bed-bound. Needless to say, recovery was incredibly slow. I had to rebuild my entire body. But this time, my body is strong, so I should be able to recover much more quickly.

It's nice to have a reason to be hopeful. I still dread the surgery and the pain, but I believe this time will be easier than last. So I say, bring it on.