Monday, July 28, 2008

Chiari Walk

I want to make sure everyone knows about the upcoming "Conquer Chiari: Walk Across America". The full information is available here.

On September 20, 2008, there will be 20 walks held across the country to raise money for chiari awareness and research. This is a very worthwhile cause. If you can help out it any way, it would mean so much to me. If you can participate or sponsor me, that would be great! I will be attempting the walk (with my wheelchair and a partner). It wouldn't be too bad, except that it's in the morning. And if you know me at all, you know that my body doesn't work in the morning. So it will probably be more exercise for whomever is pushing me. If you would be interested in sponsoring me, please follow this link. If you choose to do this, input my full name: Carolyn Richardson. Anything you can do would help. You are also welcome to participate in the walk. It's not too late to sign up. The walk that I'm participating in is taking place in Palatine, IL.

Thanks so much for your help. If nothing else, please spread the word for me about these walks. There are other locations across the country. This is going to be a huge day for chiarians everywhere. We've suffered without recognition or understanding for too long!