Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pictures, all mixed up...not in the perfect order

I apologize that these pictures are all out of order. Blogger does not make it easy to change the order of anything. I'll be lucky if the captions match the pictures. But at least I was able to load them all on here, finally!

Resting at Christmas...reasons why I need surgery




First steps after surgery




Gus, Aunt Corinne, and Uncle Greg, all in my hospital room in New York




A visit from Aunt Corinne and Uncle Greg (quite a ways to travel to visit me in the hospital for a few days). I'm so lucky to have such a supportive family.




A Havanese puppy we visited at the pet store the night before surgery.





A delicious last meal, combined with some retail therapy!!!








Me and Danielle, my Australian tethered cord friend




A visit from some chiari friends in the hospital room




Taking a nap after surgery




Me and Dad in the recovery room.




Me and my Mom in the recovery room after surgery




My rash from the antibiotic (no more penicillin family drugs for me)












Me and Gustavo after surgery (with my red nose from the allergic reaction)




Me and my little brother, Rob, after surgery





On our way to the mall...a good distraction before traction.




Me with my dog visitor, Petey





My Australian friend, Danielle, with her Dad




Hanging out with Gus the night before surgery.





Finishing my book...in the waiting room before surgery. So great to have a distraction.




My beautiful incision...a bit irritated and itchy





In the hotel room after surgery





No-Rinse Shampoo Cap




Me with Petey, the therapy dog :)





Dad, Me, and older brother, Chris



A last look at my back intact...