Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Symptom Watch

Well, things have been pretty hard this week. I've had a lot of spinal pain. Perhaps the vertebra are becoming more hypermobile, causing excessive movement and arthritis pain. That's the only explanation I have currently. I've been spending a lot of time lying on a heating pad.

Then, when I woke up this morning, I found myself in a horrible position, with my head craned to the right side and no longer on the pillow. Since then, I've had horrible pain and muscle spasms in my left shoulderblade region. The pain is intense and radiating down my left arm. I did have massage therapy today. She said that I was a mess. The massage helped a little, but clearly not enough, as I had to cancel all work today. I'm back to being stuck on the couch, trying to get the right neck support. I also developed a mess of autonomic symptoms. My body temperature has been crazy. I woke up soaked in sweat, but then got the chills. I've been overheated some of the day, and quite cold at other times. I've also had nausea, heart palpitations, and shortness of breath.

So, I'm missing out on work and a family gathering, but getting the rest I need. Hopefully the pain meds will help. I just need to stop this crazy muscle spasm. I might have another massage soon, although I think I am limited on the number I can schedule each year, so I can't go as often as I'd like.

With all of this overheating, I really wish I could shower daily. Unfortunately, that hasn't been possible for a while now. It takes so much energy to bathe. And it feels awful not to.

That's all for today. I'll hope that tomorrow will be better.

I've also been keeping my aunt in my prayers, because she had to miss the family gathering tonight, too, as she has multiple chronic illnesses that she is battling. I hope that things can get easier for her soon. I wish that so many wonderful people didn't have to suffer.