Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Symptom watch

Post nasal drip still making me cough. The coughing is driving me crazy. If my throat would just clear, I'd be fine. Until then, my chest hurts from the deep coughing. And the pressure in my head just can't take any more of it.

I have a low grade fever (99, because my "normal" is around 97). I also have my regular body aches back, but in addition, I feel bruised. My upper arms, my outer thighs, around my ribcage, and neck/throat are affected. I'm just really tender to the touch. I don't know if this is part of the mystery virus or just a random symptom. I'm done with all of my prescriptions, so I'm trying to just wait it out. Unfortunately, my body is not great at healing.

I've been in a bad mood today. I'm upset about my surgery, definitely. But today was just a bad mood day. Those days just happen. I just acknowledged the mood, and tried not to take it out on anyone.

People have trouble understanding my need for the walker, but it is simply an assistive device to help with vertigo and sudden loss of balance. No, my legs are not too weak to walk, and I do not plan on making them any weaker. I just want to stop falling down everywhere and clinging to walls.